Our Official Book is Now Available at: http://hardflaccid.org

The information on this website is not intended to be used as medical advice.

Welcome to the Official Hard Flaccid Community Forum

This is a place for people to anonymously exchange information and support during their recovery.

How to Join

We take membership very seriously here. To keep discussions at the highest standard possible, we require that all members first read our official guide.

Click here to get yours, and we will send you a personal invitation to the forum, usually about one week after your purchase. We look forward to you joining us.

If you are a doctor or medical professional looking to get involved please contact us first.

Penis Head inflation Before and after Hard Flaccid.
  • HFproblem May 2011
    Many people with hard flaccid have experienced a loss of blood in the head during erections.

My question(s) to all of you with hard flaccid is...

1. Does your head inflate properly?
    2. If not, did this occur just after hard flaccid, or did you have this previously?
    3. Do you have pelvic floor symptoms along with the hard flaccid?
    4. When pressing on the dorsal vein on the top of the penis shaft, does head inflate normally? (for those with bad inflation)
    5. Do you have an enlarged Dorsal Vein?
  • iggle24 May 2011
    1. no it does not
    2. this occured after hard flaccid....filled perfectly normally before
    3. I dont have much pain...but I do experience spasms and feelings of tightness in my ass as well as urinary frequency
    4. ive never tried this...i'll let you know
  • obitoo May 2011
    1. Not anymore.
    2. This is a new hard flaccid symptom for me.
    3. Big time.
    4. Yes.
    5. Yes.

*I'd propose adding a #5 question to this thread before it grows too much of: "Do you have an enlarged dorsal vein?" as it might end up shedding some light on the overactive outflow associated with this soft glans situation.

You can go in and edit the original post if you want to add that.
  • HFproblem May 2011
    Ok, I added it. Does your head inflate at all obitoo? And did this come about before or after your 3 day "no hard flaccid" period?

This is just a hypothesis, but going along with the pelvic floor theory, when you squeeze the pelvic floor normally, the head inflates more than it normally would. In theory, a pelvic floor weakness could make for even less pressure to get to the head. Still doesnt explain the dorsal vein pressing and how it makes it return to normal. Unless the dorsal has normal outflow of blood, and you are forcing the small amount of blood that makes it to the head due to weak pelvic floor muscles stay in the head. What do you think?
  • obitoo May 2011
    HFproblem said:

Ok, I added it. Does your head inflate at all obitoo? And did this come about before or after your 3 day "no hard flaccid" period?

This is just a hypothesis, but going along with the pelvic floor theory, when you squeeze the pelvic floor normally, the head inflates more than it normally would. In theory, a pelvic floor weakness could make for even less pressure to get to the head. Still doesnt explain the dorsal vein pressing and how it makes it return to normal. Unless the dorsal has normal outflow of blood, and you are forcing the small amount of blood that makes it to the head due to weak pelvic floor muscles stay in the head. What do you think?

It does a bit I guess. I can kegel it to inflate but it doesn't stay at all. I think the problem is that whatever mechanisms happen to seal off the dorsal just aren't happening. Perhaps due to the irregular hardness of everything. My erections are definitely too hard, if that makes sense, and I've heard others with hard flaccid complain of this as well. I think that the erectile chambers are not properly engorged and it is just preventing everything from operating correctly. It's like a plastic pipe in there. Perhaps if it weren't so solid the vein would be able to get stopped up like it needs to. I have no idea.

If the dorsal became varicosed then I suppose it could behave the same way as well. It is huge after all.
  • HFproblem May 2011
    Well I had the head issue before Hard flaccid, so I dont think the actual hardness is the cause of the head thing. I have the irregular hardness too, wierd. I dont get it. It feels like my penis is so inflexible the slightest wrong move would hurt it during sex. What I find wierd is why this head inflation thing seems to happen to people months after they get hard flaccid. Searchforthecure had the same thing happen to him a while after he got hard flaccid. Im sure others have too. This whole situation is so screwy. I just dont get how we can have all these symptoms but doctors can tell us NOTHING about our problem. And the pelvic floor playing into this makes no sense to me either. You would think with the jelquing and everything it would be a valve problem, which would explain the head stuff. But then why when urinating does it go away for those people. Why can it go away for you for 3 days. It feels like this is some mythical condition that doesn't operate by normal "condition" standards, and has a mind of its own. I've had a rough day today, man do I wish I could get rid of all this stuff. So badly. Its been 2 months and I cant remember what having a normal penis feels like.
  • obitoo May 2011
    Yeah man, I'm coming up on 2 months myself. It's bizarre alright. I was right there with you in the beginning assuming it must be a blood clot, or an injury to the penis itself, but so far there is zero evidence of that at all. Some of us have been examined by some pretty renowned doctors and nobody's been diagnosed with any kind of problem at all, as far tissue or blood vessels go. There's really not much else to look at but the muscles at this point.

It's been documented and studied that people with CPPS produce excessive amounts of PGE2, so Thomas' theories do hold water as far that goes. There is a massive bundle of nerves and blood vessels that pretty much supply the entire pelvic region, and they are all wrapped around the prostate area in a giant ball of tangled yarn. Extra inflammation or pain there can cause any number of issues. A cycle of PGE2 causing tension, and tension then causing more inflammation makes about the most sense to me right now.

Now, how does that happen out of the blue? Got me. I think it probably requires a very specific scenario to be in place. A "perfect storm" of slightly off balance neuros, adrenals, testosterone and god knows what, then the littlest bit of trauma pain comes along and just sends it over the edge into this cycle. That's about the only thing I could imagine is happening. Going hardcore anti-inflammatory coupled with PT seems to be the key for me. Going to rewind and try it all again.

OK, so I am totally not sending this thread completely off topic; I believe the soft glans thing could be a manifestation of CPPS as well. There are mentions of it online. Folks with penis anomalies, soft glans, pain in the penis, weird erections, etc - all with CPPS. CPPS/chronic prostatitis is also linked to depression and decreased libido, and both of those can greatly influence the erection process.

Ever read anything about TMS? Dr. Sarno has done a tremendous amount of solid research and work with people. Here's a quick excerpt "According to Sarno, TMS is a condition in which unconscious emotional issues (primarily rage) initiate a process that causes physical pain and other symptoms. His theory suggests that the unconscious mind uses the autonomic nervous system to decreases blood flow to muscles, nerves or tendons, resulting in oxygen deprivation, experienced as pain in the affected tissues."

Remember how we were talking about this being your body's reaction to whatever it is you are doing?

Here is some more info on TMS from WikiP: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tension_myositis_syndrome
  • obitoo May 2011
    PS I think I might be retracting previous soft glans self diagnosis from yes to sometimes. For myself, it seems to be that if I get naturally aroused and allow a good erection to build up slowly then it's just fine. But if I get aroused "manually" and too quickly I have the soft glans thing happening. It seems to be a matter of erection quality and the process of stimulation more than a function issue, for me anyway.
  • HFproblem May 2011
    Well I remember on the Hard flaccid recovery thread, I was talking about the soft glans and stuff and you said that your glans is usually not inflated with manual erections, morning wood, etc, but when you have a normal arousal erection you get a firm glans. This was a month or so ago. So has that become more severe now? Or is it still the same as it was?
  • cad11591cad11591 May 2011
    When I get erections..They look pretty normal, the head part looks just like it used to...so I'm not sure that is really a problem with me
  • HFproblem May 2011
    I spoke to my Uro about the soft head, he said it is not a problem with the machanisms that shut the dorsal vein, rather just lack of blood flow into the penis. He says people have that problem all the time, and can press the Dorsal vein to inflate. It is not a leak or problem with the dorsal, just not enough inflow to combat the regular outflow of the dorsal.
  • obitoo May 2011
    HFproblem said:

I spoke to my Uro about the soft head, he said it is not a problem with the machanisms that shut the dorsal vein, rather just lack of blood flow into the penis. He says people have that problem all the time, and can press the Dorsal vein to inflate. It is not a leak or problem with the dorsal, just not enough inflow to combat the regular outflow of the dorsal.

Good comment. So then, what could possibly cause less blood flow INTO the penis?

- Having your heart replaced with a pig's heart, oink oink.

- Severe Diabetes, though you'd probably have already lost a few toes by now.

- An arterial blood clot, haven't found any yet.

- A giant tumor, don't have any of those.

- A hernia wrapped around the artery, haven't found any yet.

- Compression of the artery, seems likely for me. I've already got compression that is restricting blood flow to my testicles. Might has well choke out the penis as well while we're at it.

• 1. No
    2. Hard Flaccid symptom
    3. Yes
    4. Haven't tried
    5.I have a groove along the dorsal area that developed just a month or two before hf

I think I sort of understand what obitoo is saying with manual vs natural erection. Since I started doing pelvic floor self therapy, I have had some visually induced erections that have felt much better than the usual erections I had been having. For me, I noticed that my erection felt like it stemmed from the prostate/ anus region whereas before it had felt almost as if the penis was operating as an entity separate from the body. With that full erection feeling, the head inflated better than it previously had.

I have two veins/arteries on the dorsal side that i never noticed before hf that are often blue/black, but become pink/red at times or when getting an erection. on the left one, just before it reaches the head, there is a sort of pearly like lump that looks to press against it from below. it is soft, possibly a lymph vessel but as usual, doctors say it is nothing . anyone got anything similar?

This situation is pissing me off. As I am uncircumcised, when the head doesn't inflate, rather than the foreskin peeling back and retracting behind the head, it slides up and down the head, greatly reducing stamina.

I checked out the TMS link. Strangely, do have pain/discomfort in my shoulders back and buttocks. Is that really so strange though? they are after all, obvious places to carry tension.
    As for unconcious emotional issues, don't know if i qualify. If i remember right my hf started around the same time i had some philosophical realizations about god and existence that weren't exactly the most uplifting thoughts and have stuck with me, though in day to day life I am (or was) a pretty upbeat energetic person. I try to forget them but they are always in the back of my mind.
  • about hernias, I have to get that checked out. I have some small lumps/nodules in my groin that i used to think were nothing but after self massage, they feel connected to the adductors
  • HFproblem May 2011
    I have many small lumps too that I just noticed after hard flaccid. Some particularly painfull. I have one on the lower right side of my pubic hair area. Right above the area in which my thigh and scrotum meet.
  • lpkv May 2011
    just a thought, but could it be that all the tension in the pelvic floor, especially the BC muscle, is compressing the nerve endings and CS so that either it can't properly fill up or that the nerves aren't giving off all the right signals because they're compressed?
  • HFproblem May 2011
    I had a sort of idea today, we have almost concluded that this is primarily muscular. I realized this after Obitoo said the muscles in the lower half of the penis are the strongest from being flexed by bc/pc muslces all the time. This was in a thread about the base being skinnier than the shaft due to hard flaccid. I have had this base skinnier than the shaft stuff forever, along with having a soft glans forever. If I look at the CS on the backside of my penis, I can see that it is unbelievably strong up until it hits the area that would be where those muscles are. Then it just dies. My theory is those muscles are tightened around all 3 erectile chambers. The muscles are in turn squeezing the CS so that not enough blood flow can get to the head, resulting in a smaller deflated glans. This would also make sense as the CS is much softer than the other 2 erectile chambers, so it would be easily affected by any change in muscle tightness. It would also give reason to the crazy stiffness in our erections. Muscles muscles muscles. I just hope that because mine has been this way for so long that It is still repairable. I dont know if muscles stay in a tightened form, do they always remain that way?
  • obitoo May 2011
    Nothing is unrepairable with enough will. But yes, I think it extremely important to understand that this is not something that just "happened" overnight, regardless of how it seems to have came on instantly.

Having your muscles get to this point is an insidious process and we've all likely been building up to this point for a while, whether we feel it or not. The doctor who diagnosed my hard flaccid as nothing more than "very severe CPPS" made it clear to me that it's not at all easy to get this to happen. It would take a lot of prolonged "bad habits" with your muscles to get them contracted this way, and a lot of adrenaline. But he also ensured me that he'd seen it before and it's fixable. Additionally he was very emphatic about the fact that "our penises are built to be used" and that this is not an injury to the penis at all. All his words, not mine. And I do trust the guy, he's got plenty of cred for me.

I think it's important to know that I literally never felt any pain in the muscles at all until I got on alpha blockers and then stopped, and I probably have the worst known pelvic issues out of all of us. I really think people should consider it, even if just for the wakeup call. It's shocking how slow it comes on, and how your body slowly becomes used to the pain along with it. Pretty crazy.
  • HFproblem May 2011
    I feel barely any pain either. However if I do have some form of pain that I dont notice now, I would rather keep it unnoticed :) . And the whole gradual CPPS makes sense for people who got it from other things. But then that would mean everyone who got it from jeqluing had some type of CPPS beforehand? Possible, yes. Likely, probably not.
  • obitoo May 2011
    HFproblem said:

I feel barely any pain either. However if I do have some form of pain that I dont notice now, I would rather keep it unnoticed :) . And the whole gradual CPPS makes sense for people who got it from other things. But then that would mean everyone who got it from jeqluing had some type of CPPS beforehand? Possible, yes. Likely, probably not.

Well perhaps at first glance. But think it a bit further.... "Jelqing" is part of penile enhancement regimins. What else is part of penile enhancement regimins? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a whole hell of a lot of Kegeling also part of this? Kegeling, "edging", etc. These all make excessive use of the pelvic floor muscles.

So instead of someone with an underlying pelvic tension issue slowly wreaking havoc on their muscles via a year of mild involuntary spasming and clenching, you've got someone with a normal pelvic floor wreaking the same havoc on the same muscles, only much more quickly due to voluntary overuse. Remember, excessive kegeling, whether voluntarily or involuntarily, weakens the pelvic floor muscles. It doesn't strengthen them. This is proven and documented.

A hard voluntary clench might be as bad as 50 mild involuntary ones. Add to that a whole bunch of pulling on the penis, which is going to cause a backward pulling and clenching reflex every time, hanging weights from it, swinging it around like a helicopter, bringing yourself to the point of orgasm and then forcing yourself to hold it back, etc, etc.

I believe someone could end up with the same amount of damage to the same muscles in a number of ways and in different amounts of time.
  • HFproblem May 2011
    Is anyone elses flaccid head size much smaller? My glans doesnt inflate when im erect at all, but also my flaccid, when it is not completely in scrunched up hard flaccid mode, the head is drasticaly smaller. This again has been a problem all my life just like the soft glans. I thought when flaccid the penis would have no reason to have blood going to the head to inflate the head, but then I was thinking that maybe it does a little bit. I dont know.
  • byron1122 May 2011
    When my penis is starting to erect. the head remains small. then as i gradually reach a more erected state the glans gets larger.
  • At some point, one of us is going to have to try the MUSE to see if it helps with the glans engorgement. This is on my to-do list...
  • HFproblem May 2011
    I also noticed if I put pressure on the pelvic floor with my fingers, on that big mess of muscles, the head inflates. Coincidence? Doubtful.
  • byron1122 May 2011
    When i get some what fully erected. my penis points in a upward position. i'm guessing this is because of muscle tension causing my penis to point up towards me.
  • HFproblem May 2011
    What do you mean? Could you explain a little more in depth? I think I know what you are talking about. I have had this wierd symptom since a really long time where I have to push the penis down to make it look normal. Is this what you are talking about?
  • byron1122 May 2011
    yes pretty much. But i think its because of the blood flow or something. when i have an erection its way more harder towards the base. I actually feel a lot of tension between my legs when i have an erection. which may be the reason for my penis pointing upward. With also a little bit of pain at the base because it get so hard sometimes.
  • john1960 May 2011
    Does anyone have trouble getting their head to completely inflate even with trying all the dorsal vein/pelvic floor pressing?

My head is significantly smaller after having hardflaccid, and even when I have a full erection and it seems like the head is inflated, it is still small. I used to have a nice big impressive mushroom head that wouldnt fit into my girls mouth but now its very average. Not good for your psycholigical state. I wish my head would inflate after trying pressure in different places, but just not the case :(
  • HFproblem May 2011
    I havent had a normal looking erection in so long, is it not supposed to do this? Is it supposed to point outwards when standing at like a 90 degree angle instead of up?

And John, yeah, I have trouble getting it to completely inflate with anything. When Im with a woman I can get it to inflate just by pressing the vein though. But I cant remember the last time my head inflated well on its own. Its been like this for me forever. It sucks. At least you have some inflation. I dont get it though, I had so many hard flaccid symptoms before actually getting hard flaccid. All the symptoms that everyone complains about on here, the deflated glans, the hardness in the erections, the wierd unanchored feeling as if the penis was operating as an entity of its own, and the thing about the penis pointing upwards, I had all of this before hard flaccid. Then I got hard flaccid and some of the symptoms became worse. Im hoping everything is still related to those muscles. I doubt it though. And if it is after all this time I dont know if I can change much.

I still try to remain optimistic, when/if we find a cure, that I might end up leaving this ordeal with a better working penis than I came in with, meaning my glans inflating again and etc, which hasnt happened in ages.
  • HFproblem May 2011
    Does anyone else notice the area right under their glans being significantly smaller than along with the head?
  • you mean the corpus spongiosum? thats the third chamber that runs along the bottom of the penis. mine hasn't been filling up well, worst at the glans
  • elindo20 February 2012
    I have noticed in shower when i manually push some tight/hard muscle in my anus to inside with my finger my penis glans erection improve. I'm thinking now there is something wrong with my external anal sphincter that is causing me the pelvic problem and soft/deflated glans during erection. Also like HFproblem during erection the muscle between anus and scrotum becomes hard and bigger even when the muscle is relaxed when i'm flaccid.
  • HFproblem February 2012
    I've come to notice that if I press on almost any part of the pelvic floor the glans inflates. I've never tried it internally though. Next time, try it externally, by pushing on that mountainous mass of muscle during an erection. I'll bet you it does the same thing.

I also find this weird though because we're assuming the soft glans is caused by the lack of sealing from the dorsal. But this is unrelated to the dorsal whatsoever, yet works 100 percent of the time.
  • obitoo February 2012
    HFproblem said:

I also find this weird though because we're assuming the soft glans is caused by the lack of sealing from the dorsal. But this is unrelated to the dorsal whatsoever, yet works 100 percent of the time.

It's not unrelated to the dorsal at all. The dorsal vein runs right through that mass of muscle you are pushing on.
  • toster February 2012
    Dorsal vain drains blood from glans and corpus cavernosum. Ischio muscle compresses it and thus creates erect penis if I'm not mistaken. Maybe soft glans are just 1/2 erectile dysfunction ? In that case it is not dorsals fault but ischios.

What is more interesting to me is that link between anus muscle tension and erection strength and glans. Could sphincter somehow influence ischio like sharing cramp or weakness?

When I overdo ejaculation I have tight and painful anal sphincter. There gotta be some connection.
    So obitoo, now that you are cured from hard flaccid, when you get an erection, do you feel that mountainous sort-of mass of muscle in the perineum? I don't remember If I had it before hard flaccid or not.

• obitoo February 2012
    HFproblem said:

So obitoo, now that you are cured from hard flaccid, when you get an erection, do you feel that mountainous sort-of mass of muscle in the perineum? I don't remember If I had it before hard flaccid or not.

That is a normal part of having an erection.
  • obitoo February 2012
    toster said:

Dorsal vain drains blood from glans and corpus cavernosum. Ischio muscle compresses it and thus creates erect penis if I'm not mistaken. Maybe soft glans are just 1/2 erectile dysfunction ? In that case it is not dorsals fault but ischios.

What is more interesting to me is that link between anus muscle tension and erection strength and glans. Could sphincter somehow influence ischio like sharing cramp or weakness?

When I overdo ejaculation I have tight and painful anal sphincter. There gotta be some connection.

In addition to the constricted CC making it difficult for the dorsal to be sealed at the pubic bone, there is additional pressure being put on the dorsal vein inside the perineum which is making it even more difficult to seal. That internal pressure is the cause of the enlarged dorsal that a lot of people with HF have.

Also, the anal muscles are definitely one of the key components in this injury. My own experiences tell me there is no doubt about that. And one PT I have spoken with who is very familiar with HF and is treating members of this forum specifically treats and refers to HF as a primarily anal/rectal condition. The entire pelvic region is involved in one way or another, the butt more than others. Strengthening your glutes will significantly remove stress and tension from your anal muscles. If your butt is weak then your body will be passing its job along to everyone else, the anal muscles are the first in line.
    I am still uncertain as to why pushing on it causes the head to inflate. Did it do this for you?
    The reason I have most of my uncertainty is because when I have, say, a 70 or 80 percent erection and I press the dorsal vein, nothing happens to the head and it stays deflated. However, in the same situation, if I were to press the perineum, I get full engorgement. What I am trying to say is if the problem is soley the dorsal not being sealed, and pressing the pelvic floor and pressing the dorsal are basically the same thing, how is it that in that situation, one works and not the other?
  • obitoo February 2012
    HFproblem said:

I am still uncertain as to why pushing on it causes the head to inflate. Did it do this for you?
    The reason I have most of my uncertainty is because when I have, say, a 70 or 80 percent erection and I press the dorsal vein, nothing happens to the head and it stays deflated. However, in the same situation, if I were to press the perineum, I get full engorgement. What I am trying to say is if the problem is soley the dorsal not being sealed, and pressing the pelvic floor and pressing the dorsal are basically the same thing, how is it that in that situation, one works and not the other?

Who knows? Who cares? There's probably a significant amount of pressure being put on the arteries as well. If you go into HF (or any other CPPS-related condition) looking to pinpoint a single specific cause of any symptom you are going to be very disappointed. The pelvis is the messiest region of the entire body. Just fix it all and enjoy the rest of your life. :)
  • elindo20 March 2012
    When i was at the urology the Dr said i may have injured the suspensory ligament but i doubt that since the suspensory ligament main function is to hold the penis during erection but i have read on the net that the deep dorsal vein passes between the two parts of the suspensory ligament, so is there any relation between the ligament and the soft glans/deep dorsal vein sealing? He wasn't helpful at all and just prescribed me some Cialis which just improved the blood flow to the shaft but no changes in the soft glans also when i had MRI of my penis, i had an injection of alprostadil/Caverjet to get an erection but it just maid my perineum (muscle between anus an scrotum) very hard and painful, i also have often dry penis skin especially the glans and enlarged superficial dorsal vein (the visible vein on top that drains the prepuce and skin of the penis) do anybody have any skin changes along with the soft glans problem?
  • obitoo March 2012
    If your erection has any angle whatsoever then your suspensory ligament is just fine. Your doctor should be ashamed of himself for being lazy and incompetent. Typical scenario.

Search the forum. Some people have mentioned skin symptoms, though they aren't typical.
  • HFproblem March 2012
    I think the dry glans skin has something to do with having a deflated glans, I've seen it mentioned on many non-hardflaccid related forums about soft glans. As for your doctor saying you injured the suspensory ligament, I agree with obitoo, he's an idiot.
    As previously said, just because they have their degree, doesn't make them good at what they do.

I saw 2 urologists that were complete idiots. They came up with ideas comparably ridiculous to the one your urologist did. The other 2 urologists I have seen both agreed I had CPPS, both said soft glans can be an issue of the dorsal not being sealed due to contracted muscle, and one of them claimed to have seen hard flaccid many times.

One of the crappy urologists was the one who I actually got to write the referral for the PT though. I had my best luck going in, and instead of asking what was wrong, I told him, I think I have CPPS, I would like to get an evaluation. He made a face at me like "yeah okay buddy", but despite his arrogance, he still wrote me the referral for an evaluation. Five minutes into the evaluation there was no doubt I had CPPS. The Uro was an idiot, but I got what I needed.

Moral of the story is, I would recommend not going in and asking him what the problem is, and have him blindly guess about it because he's to arrogant to admit he doesn't know. Instead, tell him what you think the issue is, bring him in research, forum posts. Tell him your symptoms match those of CPPS patients. In my opinion (others may disagree), it is okay to throw in a symptom of CPPS or two that you don't have in order to further your way towards PT. You've gotta remember, the main goal is to get to a physical therapist. So I say do whatever you have to do to get there, because if you don't, you can visit all the Uro's in the world, and it's not gonna make the slightest difference. You'll just have a boatload of whacked out diagnoses, probably be put on antibiotics for things you don't have, have dangerous tests performed, and so on and so forth.
  • elindo20 March 2012
    Yes, i think ideal urologist should have some knowledge and treating of the pelvic muscles as well but it's hard to find one, i'm not even able to find pelvic physical therapist that specialise in males here in London but i will continue to search and hopefully if i find one, i hope the pelvic physical therapy will help, also how is your morning erections? mine are weak sometimes better but the glans is completely deflated, there was few times when my glans inflated as well but it's rare for me these days, actually it is always like that when i get an erection without touching my penis. Is it possible for someone to make a new thread about the causes and treatments for soft glans and hard flaccid?

e.g

More likely Causes of soft glans:
    •ischocavernosus dysfunction
    •Pelvic spasm
    etc..

Less likely causes of soft glans:
    •venous leak

Causes of hard flaccid:

a so on..

• obitoo March 2012
    elindo20 said:

Is it possible for someone to make a new thread about the causes and treatments for soft glans and hard flaccid?

No. One topic per thread. One thread per topic. Consider this your official soft glans thread, even though there are probably 20 of them. This is why the forum is closing down.

There isn't enough to warrant several discussions on the cause of soft glans; What's the point of a thousand people who have no clue what they are talking about speculating wildly, when the cause has been identified already. As for discussing treatments; If anyone here knew anything about it, they wouldn't be here asking questions. That's my point. There's nothing to discuss, at least not in a productive and constructive way. It's all guesswork and no action.
  • elindo20 March 2012
    HFproblem said:

I think the dry glans skin has something to do with having a deflated glans, I've seen it mentioned on many non-hardflaccid related forums about soft glans. As for your doctor saying you injured the suspensory ligament, I agree with obitoo, he's an idiot.
    As previously said, just because they have their degree, doesn't make them good at what they do.

I saw 2 urologists that were complete idiots. They came up with ideas comparably ridiculous to the one your urologist did. The other 2 urologists I have seen both agreed I had CPPS, both said soft glans can be an issue of the dorsal not being sealed due to contracted muscle, and one of them claimed to have seen hard flaccid many times.

One of the crappy urologists was the one who I actually got to write the referral for the PT though. I had my best luck going in, and instead of asking what was wrong, I told him, I think I have CPPS, I would like to get an evaluation. He made a face at me like "yeah okay buddy", but despite his arrogance, he still wrote me the referral for an evaluation. Five minutes into the evaluation there was no doubt I had CPPS. The Uro was an idiot, but I got what I needed.

Moral of the story is, I would recommend not going in and asking him what the problem is, and have him blindly guess about it because he's to arrogant to admit he doesn't know. Instead, tell him what you think the issue is, bring him in research, forum posts. Tell him your symptoms match those of CPPS patients. In my opinion (others may disagree), it is okay to throw in a symptom of CPPS or two that you don't have in order to further your way towards PT. You've gotta remember, the main goal is to get to a physical therapist. So I say do whatever you have to do to get there, because if you don't, you can visit all the Uro's in the world, and it's not gonna make the slightest difference. You'll just have a boatload of whacked out diagnoses, probably be put on antibiotics for things you don't have, have dangerous tests performed, and so on and so forth.

Thanks for the advice. So are you currently being treated by pft (pelvic floor therapist)?
    I actually have all the symptoms of CPPS.

• elindo20 March 2012
    I have found some article saying the bulbocavernosus muscle is responsible for sealing of the dorsal vein so not the ischio??

"Pelvic floor exercises are very effective in
    treating erectile dysfunction [1,2]. The
    ischiocavernosus and bulbocavernosus
    muscles are superficial pelvic floor muscles
    that are active during erection and which
    enhance rigidity. The bulbocavernosus muscle
    encircles 33–50% of the base of the penis and
    has three functions: it is responsible for
    preventing blood from escaping during an
    erection by exerting pressure on the deep
    dorsal vein; it is active and pumps during
    ejaculation; and it empties the bulbar urethra
    by reflex action after micturition.
    The aim of the present study was to examine
    the role of pelvic floor muscle exercises
    (focusing on the bulbocavernosus and
    ischiocavernosus muscles) as a key to
    restoring erectile function."
  • obitoo March 2012
    Good find. I haven't heard much specifics on either. Physiologically, that makes plenty of sense, considering it's position. The Ischio covers much more real estate upward.
  • elindo20 March 2012
    HFproblem said:

I think our muscles fill with blood but it suppose the drain the blood out of the muscle during erection to get an squeeze like effect to help pinch the dorsal vein. Maybe our muscles is doing the opposite thing. I don't understand to it fully, that's just my suggestion. Also the anal muscle/external sphincter can cause the problems, mine doesn't contract during erection, sometimes when it does my glans hold the blood better. I think all the muscles in the pelvic work together somehow.
  • elindo20 March 2012
    I have found something that i believe i have problem with. about a year ago when i had natural erection, my penis was erecting normally (inc the glans) but than i felt some twitch/pain in the "Central Perineal Body" and my erection fade away. Few weeks ago it happened again.

"Central Perineal Tendon (perineal body)
    Located at midpoint of the line dividing the urogenital from anal triangles
    Mass of collagenous and elastic fibers
    Deep to skin
    Anterior to anal canal
    Posterior to bulb of the penis (male) or vestibule (female)
    Site of attachment for:
    Bulbospongiosus
    Superficial transverse perineal muscles
    Deep transverse perineal muscles
    External anal sphincter
    Fascicles of muscle from external sphincter urethrae and levator ani"

Does anybody know something about this muscle??
  • obitoo March 2012
    Sure, I
    elindo20 said:

Does anybody know something about this muscle??

Sure, I've talked about it a whole bunch. That's why I always recommend that you search before posting. :)

Anyway, the injury I had to cause HF was either directly to the Perineal Body or very much involved it. When I got HF, a large painful knot/lump formed in my perineum. I later came to discover with my doctors that this was my Perineal Body. It had suffered a strain or collapse type injury, which caused it to essentially wrap itself into a knot, which essentially means that it became one large trigger point.

My HF happened during an ejaculation. When you ejaculate, you rapidly flex and move the Ischio, Bulbo and all other muscles of the pelvic floor and anus. The Perineal Body is the single meeting point for all of those muscles. The muscles were already tight, and ejaculation just pushed them over the edge by pulling them in all directions, and the Perineal Body was injured.

I have had HF flareups or relapses, and every single time I go directly to the Perineal Body and work on it as a trigger point, and am fully recovered afterward. It's not easy to do, and I found that it requires pressure from both inside and out, because when pressed on from either side it easily sinks or moves in either direction. So you need to get it from the inside and outside, pushing it into itself. One finger up the butt, one on the outside, and push them together.

On a normal person, it's not something you should be able to feel with your hand. For me, it can easily be felt from the outside. Feels like a knot, located about an inch or two north of the anus.

****SUPER IMPORTANT: Make sure you are not mistaking your prostate for the Perineal Body. You might be able to feel the prostate from the outside as well. And you do NOT want to be pushing on your prostate with anything for any reason. My PT showed me where it was and how to deal with it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion

Tagged